Direction : Joint Venture and Development
Division : PROJECT
JOB TITLE (JOB HOLDER): Project engineer
SITUATION IN ORGANIZATION
Position to report: Engineering Lead
Absheron Early Production Scheme (EPS) is an early development phase to target a first gas production in 2021. EPS project consists of:
– single subsea well connected through a 33-35 km insulated 12” line to receiving platform which is bridge linked to existing SOCAR Oil Rocks facilities,
– one receiving platform where gas and liquids will be separated. HP gas, LP gas and condensate / water will be metered separately and the three streams will flow to SOCAR Oil Rocks facilities.
The design production rates of the EPS are: 152 m of HP gas, 12 kStb/d of condensate and 500 Stb/d of water. EPS project encompass greenfield scope of work as well as brownfield modifications on Oil Rocks.
JOCAP Joint Operating Company will manage the EPS phase through Technical Services agreements with SOCAR and TOTAL, who will conduct on its behalf both Drilling operations and EPC Project (Platform, SPS, UFR). Absheron development reference agreements are PSA, JOA and addendums.
Coordination of detailed design activities:
Pier / Bridge / Vent and substructures (jackets),
Brownfield modifications on Oil Rocks existing facilities within the scope of the Project.
Management of external Interfaces between different project packages:
The Oil Rocks Receiving Facilities & Tie In under EPCI with BOS Shelf
The subsea part (SPS and URF) under TSA/WO4 with TEPAB
Oil Rocks existing facilities (Azneft / SOCAR)
The job holder shall:
– Support Engineering Lead in day-to-day activities.
– Act as Engineering coordinator / manager for selected disciplines.
– Focus on brownfield modifications work unit and be responsible for design execution.
– Manage technical queries (TQRs) and deviations (DERs) process.
– Manage design subcontractors MDRs and its conformity to contractual requirements.
– Follow on Engineering progress.
– Control and manage internal documents review distribution matrices.
– Control design interfaces: interfaces with external packages (URF,SPS) and with existing facilities (Oil Rocks).
– Ensure that the split of responsibility between work packages are well identified, defined with no ambiguities and being respected.
– Follow up the implementation of interface responsibilities and requirements between Contractors.
– Promote timely identification of potential interface problems as they arise.
– Expedite the exchange of Interface Task Sheet involving contractors as necessary.
– Ensure Interface Task Register (ITR) and Interface Document Register (IDR) are up-to-date.
– Liaise with Document Control team to assist in consolidation of the interface management records.
– Control of engineering team performance in routine activities (design documents review, actions close-out, KPIs). Follow-up docs review chain.
– Assist in drafting Contractual Letters to main Service Provider.
– Participate / Chair meetings with contractor and subcontractors as engineering team representative, control MOM delivery.
– Promote key elements of Total HSE culture.
– Prepare and issue Technical Notes as necessary (management decision support, JV request).
– Be a focal point for technical part of change management of Platform scope package on Project side.
– Be in charge of Engineering group reporting.
Comply with the Activities described within the HSE Management System
Take reasonable care of own Health and Safety and that of Others who may be affected by their acts at work
Know responsibilities to environmental issues in the work areas
Each employee, at his level of responsibility, must observe all Company Rules, Procedures and instructions in the performance of his own task
As such his duties and areas of authority are:
Follow HSE instructions given by Managers and supervisory personnel
Assure of the safety of his work site before commencing work
Take the necessary measures to avert immediate threat of danger
Exercise such caution as is necessary to avoid danger to persons and installations or to avoid pollution
Participate actively in HSE meetings, safety talks, tool boxes, training sessions and drills
Co-operate actively in the execution of the HSE plans Authority to suspend activities when there is a potential or actual threat to human life, the installation or the environment, and notify forthwith the responsible supervisor
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
Absheron gas and condensate field is located offshore approximately 100km south of Baku, and 30km away from the Oil Rocks hub of SOCAR/AZNEFT where EPS production will be sent through a subsea pipeline. As per Article 6.1 of the PSA, JOCAP is the Operating Company for the EPS and further phases of development if any.
Main challenges identified for the Interface engineer:
– Absheron EPS Project is a fast track project with aggressive planning until First Gas.
– Absheron EPS Project is developed by a new entity (JOCAP) and all procedures are newly created.
– The work will be distributed in various places in the world which will lead to a complex package management.
– Project is split in packages, and in addition to that Platform design scope split into a number of subcontracts by main contractor.
– Engineering quality and progress for Brownfield scope of work
– Distribution and expediting of all design documentation review within contractual time frame
– Management of Technical Queries and Deviations
– Appropriate quality for the interfaces executed by Services provider and EPCI contractor
– Respect of the time schedule for the interfaces executed by Services provider and EPCI contractor
– Control of the Change Orders for the interfaces executed by Services provider and EPCI contractor
– The job holder is accountable for demonstrating an exemplary behaviour with regard to HSSE rules & requirements, with regards to the Company Ethics and “Code of Conduct” policy and for implementing and controlling these rules and requirements within his area of responsibility, and for ensuring that required HSSE competencies are within his team.
Interested applicants should submit their CV in English to email@example.com
For candidates: Please indicate the name of the position (Project Engineer) you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Deadline for applications – 30th September, 2019.